REPORTS TO: Team Lead-Tax & Accounting Services
DEPT: Tax & Accounting Services
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in carrying out end of year financial audit: Planning, fieldwork, reporting and wrap up according to the laid down firm’s operating procedures. Preparation and compilation of end of year financial accounts for the clients, filling tax returns with K.R.A and compile client audit file.
- Preparation of monthly payroll deductions for clients-P.A.Y.E, N.S.S.F, N.H.I.F and submission of these deductions to the relevant authorities in time.
- Filing of monthly V.A.T. and M.R.I for clients.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation in Kenya.
- Working in liaison with and negotiating with tax authorities on behalf of the clients during KRA tax audits
- Carry out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advice clients on how to manage compliance.
- Compile and submit regular progress reports of tax cases to the team lead.
- Responsible for facilitating processing of tax compliance certificates with KRA on behalf of clients
- Assist in tax planning for clients- computation of final and installment taxes.
- Act as liaison between the region clients and the head office and ensuring client’s needs are met in time.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform any other tax and accounting tasks that may be allocated from time to time.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Or/and be a holder of C.P.A Part II.
- Thorough knowledge of the tax code and tax legislation and emerging issues.
- High level of proficiency in KRA I-Tax platform and accounting/ERP systems.
- Possess problem-solving skills, have attention to detail and have time perspective.
- Highly organized and able to work independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Possess good communication skills and customer care.