Our client provides audit, assurance, tax and consulting services to clients in the sectors of financial services, manufacturing and trading, agriculture, public sector, and hospitality among others.
The Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple
tax engagements to deliver quality tax services under the direct supervision of
the Director, and also assist in business development, training and mentoring
the team and will be responsible for:
- Overseeing engagements to provide tax opinions to clients and overall handling of engagements in the areas of direct and indirect taxation including but not limited to income tax, transfer pricing, value added tax, customs and excise.
- Overseeing the handling of tax audits and investigations, and objections and appeals.
- Overseeing the team undertaking tax due diligence and tax health check engagements.
- Following up with the revenue authority on client issues including clients’ tax status.
- Being the liaison person on the engagement with the client including agreeing the engagement timeframe and logistics.
- Preparing briefs on current tax developments and changes in tax legislation.
- CPA (K), ACCA, ACA or equivalent professional qualification.
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce, law, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar senior position preferably in a professional firm.
- Thorough knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and practices.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria, submit your application and a detailed CV indicating a daytime telephone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.