Nature and Purpose:
You will be charged with team leadership to ensure that team efforts are geared towards achievement of the department KPIs.
This post reports directly to Head of Credit Control.
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- At least a degree/diploma in a business field acquired from a reputable university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection, and business risk management gained from the mobile loans service industry.
- Good customer and negotiation skills
- Effective hands-on team supervisor able to lead a team of not less than 10 staff
- Result oriented, energetic go getter ready to face new challenges
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive debt collection from key accounts portfolio allocated to you in different default categories
- Ensure timely and effective collection of mobile loans from the team members.
- Formulate the mobile loan collection strategy in accordance with the company’s guidelines
- Review and monitor the Credit Controllers’ performance on daily basis or as regularly as maybe needed for performance to remain on track
- Offer necessary guidance and support to Credit Controllers to complement efforts towards meeting collection targets on daily basis
- Handle all account escalation queries in line with internal escalation process
- Monitor all portfolio accounts to mitigate against debt roll over into longer debt categories, and ensure efforts are put to retain all debt under 0-30 days category
- Ensure compliance with the collection process, controls, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that call/sms scripts are followed by the collection agents.
- Offering Offer necessary guidance, training and support to credit control assistants to complement efforts towards meeting collection targets. Training of collection agents on ways to advise clients to clear their debts while sensitizing them on the importance of paying their mobile loans and consequences of non-payment.
- Identifying any gaps with any collection agent and provide training needs that team members may need in liaison with the Head of Collection Manager.
- Maintaining of data integrity and ensuring customer information is kept confidential at all levels of collection stage.
- Ensure adherence to timely and up to date preparing of the daily /weekly reports recording the day’s activities.
- Monitor and identify possible problem clients and ensure that appropriate recommendations are made to manage credit risk;
- Listen to team members' feedback and channel to Head of collection for consideration
- To make sure that correct procedures are followed and routinely give directions to your team on what to do and how to improve on their performance.
- To monitor how both your team and individual employees are performing and come up with ways to increase productivity and customer satisfaction. And report the observation to the Head of Credit control.
- Assist team members in consistently meeting or exceeding performance expectations on a daily basis.