Reporting to: Lead,
Tech Support Engineer
Hours: 8:30 - 17:30, Monday- Friday / 8.30 - 15.00, Saturday and beyond when required
Location: Nairobi, with occasional local travel required
We empower micro and small businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow and succeed. This not only means access to credit, but also the skills to use it correctly. It’s why our first product blends loans with financial education.
- Provide both onsite and remote technical & end user support.
- Assist in managing the call center dialer system, Asterisk based
- Troubleshooting of any hardware issues, repairs & where need be replacement of any faulty hardware e.g. laptops, laptop batteries, phones, printers for different business departments.
- Schedule branch visits for routine equipment maintenance
- Software installation like antivirus & troubleshooting for the entire business unit.
Academic & trade qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree
- Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
Work experience & skills
- Strong networking skills, hardware and software trouble shooting skills
- One year working experience in a busy IT environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Lead, Tech Support Engineer - Direct line manager, who will offer ongoing support and supervision
- CTO - Support in interacting with top-level management and assignment of projects