Advantage Crops Limited (ACL) is a Kenyan seed company involved in crop variety development and marketing of certified seed of selected crop varieties (forage grasses, legumes and vegetables) in eastern, central and southern Africa regions. We are looking for a skilled Technical Marketing Agronomist to perform a variety of seed marketing and sales functions in order to increase revenue growth for the company.
The Technical Marketing Agronomist will develop sales leads in a given region in order to increase sales revenue on behalf of the company. Shall be ACL's frontline sales representative with regional monthly sales volume target; build technical capacity of the distributors as well as the farmers by carrying out on farm training sessions. He/She shall work closely with the teams in Research and Product Development and Marketing and Operations to ensure quality delivery of service to the customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resell and sell company products and services to potential clients
- Establish new customer base and maintain existing clientele
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Increase demand for products by training/increasing capacity of clients on: planting; protection against pests and diseases; crop management and utilization of harvested products
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Make educational presentations to promote products and suitable production and utilization techniques among farmer clients.
- Promoting good agricultural practices among farmers that enable them to maximize productivity and quality
- Respond to and follow up sales inquiries using appropriate methods.
- Gather feedback from clients on product performance and relay to product development team for further product improvement
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Organize and participate in marketing events.
- Support in the preparation of proposals to customers, maintain the proposal register and make follow ups as needed
- Selling personalized consultation services to clients.
- Mobilize and recruit farmers as and when required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelors degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field from reputable Institution. Diploma or cerificate of agriculture holders with suitable experience profile will also be considered. Certificate in marketing shall be advantageous.
- Experience: Three years working as technical sales agronomist in agribusiness value chain environment.
- Passion for marketing and interaction with different people from all walks of life. Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus.
- Knowledgeable in agricultural products value chains
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments
- Strong communication and negotiating skills. Able to communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical audiences
- Self motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to detail, ability to follow procedures
- Work collaboratively with team members.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel within Kenya.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Job application procedure
ACL is an equal opportunity employer and any canvassing will lead to direct disqualification. All qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, current detailed curriculum vitae, testimonials and a current list of three (3) references (include names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). Screening will start on 25/5/2019 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified.