The role is customer-facing and will require the Technical Sales Executive to prospect for new customers, and work closely with each customer to understand their business processes and pain points to determine the relevance of Odoo ERP for their business. Accordingly, the Technical Sales Executive should be able to sell the value proposition of Odoo with relevant features and applications to suit the customer’s needs.
The Technical Sales Executive will need to understand and adapt to the lengthy ERP sale cycle and the importance of “taking customers on a journey” through constant engagement and education on the benefit of automating business processes with an ERP. This will require perseverance and diligent customer engagement throughout the sale process.
The Technical Sales Executive will be expected to quickly ramp up on Odoo ERP product knowledge. At the same time, the Technical Sales Executive will be expected to constantly learn about new businesses and processes, the complexities and specificities of industries, seek information on competing products and companies and apply the knowledge to position Odoo ERP more effectively with customers.
Ultimately, the Technical Sales Executive is expected to achieve Odoo ERP sales targets.
A large part of the Technical Sales Executive’s salary will be performance-based. There will be a low base component with commissions paid as a % of the sales value achieved. The commission structure is generous, and the right candidate can earn a substantial reward for delivering high sales.
1. Manage end-2-end ERP sale process
2. Build Odoo ERP product knowledge
- Learn key aspects of Odoo ERP: product, features, pricing
- Upskill continuously on Odoo ERP functionality and relevance to business processes across industries
3. Engage in Strategic Prospecting
- Generate new leads through market research
- Qualify and prioritize leads
- Follow-up on all leads in a consistent way until they are closed (result in a sale transaction or are considered “lost”)
4. Prepare each Customer sales call/visit thoroughly
- Set up meeting with the customer
- Develop detailed meeting objective and questionnaire ahead of the initial call/visit to capture client requirements
- Market Jenga and its offering and approach to the customer
- Grasp the sale opportunity
- Provide a tailored Odoo ERP demo for the customer
5. Develop Customer Proposal
- Work with the development team, where required, to translate customer requirements into relevant Odoo applications and features and accordingly build a proposal for the customer that addresses their needs with pricing
- Pitch the proposal to the customer
- Provide a more detailed demo (where required)
- Negotiate and close the sale (where required)
6. Maintain a high standard of customer service
- Upskill on Jenga CRM and ensure each customer interaction and future activity is accurately and diligently captured in the CRM including (and not limited to) all pertinent communication and proposal documentation
- Build trust with the customer over time and never to overpromise on delivery. Always check with the line manager/development team when unsure
- Maintain customer relationship post closure of the sale and cross-sell new applications/features
- Gather feedback from customer and share with Jenga team to keep focus on constant improvement
7. Monitor & achieve sales targets
- Build a plan of how to achieve sales targets and monitor regularly
- Prepare and provide weekly sales update to the Sales manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Commerce or Business-focused discipline with at least an upper Second-class honour
- Accounting qualification is a major plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a sales role. Experience in IT software-sales a major plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Numeracy skills
- Hunger to achieve sales targets
- Passion about sales and working at Jenga
- Takes initiative to find creative ways to sell Odoo ERP
- Self-motivated and steps-up to take charge in a high pressure and demanding environment
- Networking Ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy to build effective relationships with customers
- Thoroughness in customer engagement
- Work in a team with diverse backgrounds and an open-communication culture
- Learn by being provided with regular and constructive feedback, mentoring, training opportunities and our in-house knowledge base
- Gain valuable experience through your involvement in projects across multiple industries and business sizes
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a small, agile and growing team to demonstrate your skills and grow through merit
- Deliver a tangible impact on customer satisfaction, as Jenga is committed to finding the right solution for the right client and delivering it with the highest level of professional standards
- Promote the growth of African businesses, by equipping them with the right tools and support to unleash their potential
- Competitive salary, that will grow as you grow
- 21 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. Your professional growth is important to us, and we want to help you to be awesome.
- Sensible problems that will add real value to real people. Work without impact is meaningless.
- More benefits to come as we grow – and as a team member, we’ll ask for your suggestions!
The recruitment process takes place in 5 steps:
- Pre-screening: An online form to fill in
- First-round interview: Qualified candidates invited for a face-to-face interview at our office
- Qualified candidates invited to prepare for a technical case study
- Second-round interview: Candidates participate in interview focused on technical case-study
- Interview outcome communicated