DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
As the Technical Sales Representative you will have to facilitate a variety of business transactions, by acting as an intermediary between the organization and the customers. By maintaining customer relationships, executing sales and complete administrative duties, such as document preparation for quotations, and follow-up with customers. Customer service is a crucial component of the Technical Sales Representatives position. He / she will be responsible for ensuring and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Sell a variety of chemicals to be used in the Plastics and Construction industries.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports, and making recommendations to management as well as the customers.
- Develop and grow the commercial relationships of assigned customers while prospecting for new accounts to increase market penetration.
- Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
- Forecast sales to enable operations planning and introduce product innovations.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Analytical or Industrial Chemistry or a related technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Sales & Marketing in industrial chemicals or in a related field.
- He/ she has to exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiastic, persuasive and likeable communicators.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized who ensure that all aspects of the sales process run smoothly.
- He/she has to learn quickly, pick up and store large quantities of information and be highly articulate.