Reporting to: Commercial Manager and in absence to GM
- To translate the objectives and the detail of the commercial strategy to commercial activities.
- Manage designated client accounts towards long term beneficial relationships.
- Submission to clients bids and quotations and secure an average of winning 1 out of 4 bids and or RFQ, while maintaining the strategic margin.
- Maintain and reproduce on request, reports and client visit reports, by actively maintaining and backing the documentation and archiving systems.
- Involving production and design in tenders and RFQ in an effective manner, costs and time conscious.
- Kick-off projects assigned, handing it over to the respective project manager or team leader for optimal implementation with full transfer of knowledge of details, risks and expectations.
- Reporting and commercial database for assigned accounts.
- Developing and streamlining by modelling the bids and bid costings.
- Bid and RFQ risk management and assessments to be made and always accompany a quotation or tender.
- Present and enlighten snr management on tenders and quotations prior to submissions.
- Maintain effective and pleasant working relationships.
- Increase company techno commercial prowess, account management and modelling and costing.
- Increase company benchmark knowledge.
General description of work and conditions.
- SECO is part of a group, as SECO the focus will be on steel works, and sideways diverted to civil works and SUMMIT/Camp activities. When preparing for tenders the commercial department takes the lead. A large improvement in commercialisation and distinction of roles will have to be part of the continuous professionalization path set out.
- Tenders are being screened by the Daily Management of SECO, GM of SECO and for larger tenders by the Board of Directors. This requires presentation of approach, method and risks and allow in depth support on sharpening the bids.
- Clients will be visited for business development and such visits will be accompanied by a short visit report, highlighting the main points, decisions and details of the contacts. For data and reports and bids the company has structures that need to be used and reinforced, these are based on the ISO standards and should allow continuous development.
- In the commercial team each has his role, yet work is shared and works are not restricted literally to any job description. The team is supported by a group Legal Advisor and it is important that snr staff in commerce develop insight in and add value to contracts and contract management. This may include supporting or implementing negotiations, the mandate in any event is limited to what has been established in the company. Information gathered is often sensitive and thus part of the work entails a non-disclosure approach of whatever goes on in SECO or in Projects, particularly where it concerns commercial information and contractual or client information.
- The Techno Commercial Accounts Manager is expected to be self-starting and able to embrace the company SECO and group relations in a commercially agile manner, client visit and active sales is an area that will be developed over the coming years.
- Strong conceptualizing, creative skills, ability to generate ideas and concepts.
- Well-developed communication and collaborative skills.
- Analytical thinking and analytical writing.
- Presentation of complex concepts.
- Organizational awareness of internal and external relationships.
- Self-development in areas of needs.
- Developing others and strengthen others.
- Reflection and analyses.
Education and Experience.
- Degree / Diploma in Business and/or Engineering.
- Registered Engineer with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Diploma in Project Management would be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with technically complex projects and industrial customers.
- Adequate exposure in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Business / commercial / sales experience
- Representative behaviour.
- Assertive attitude slightly aggressive
- Alertness and availability.
- Cultural differences awareness.
- Extraverted thinker.
- Disciplined in work approach.
Deliverables during the inception period
- 2 x Internal evaluation meetings organised and facilitated
- Models for pricing and costing of Containers, work out from the current ideas
- Finalise the design of the production line of containers.
- The three models, office and fish-shop, client sales visits made, at least 4 x
- Analyses of what have in SECO and needs to be done in the Commercial Department