Reports to: Operations Engineer
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Installation, maintenance (both reactive and preventive) and project support on the Company's data and telecommunications equipment.
- Participating in on-call procedures/operations.
- Interfacing with and coordination of contractors and/or vendors associated with the Operations function as appropriate.
- Interfacing with the customer and other IT groups related to problems and installations as appropriate.
- Understanding and adhering to billing and performance instructions and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate equipment inventories and documentation of assigned sites.
- Responsible for installing standard, endorsed or certified off the shelf software and/or hardware devices, and provide minimal onsite training to get the client started.
- Handling projects from planning to handing-over the acceptance document to the client (Project management).
- Participate in a 24x7 call-out rota if required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Performance Measures and Targets:
- Ensuring update of reports in clear and simple manner and presented to the Head of IT.
- Ensuring transparency in all Operation systems
- Systematic resolution of faults and client issues. This is measured by the turnaround time and accurate reporting
- Good rapport with the 3rd party suppliers
- Good relation with the clients
- Good working relation and co-operation with staff members
- Good and regular reporting.
- Ticket generation and closing
- Assist in the drafting of Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports to the Principle Engineer
- Assist in preparation of the Quarterly & Yearly Reports
Qualifications, Experience & knowledge required:
- Academic: Diploma in Electronics, Telecommunications, IT or related
- 2 years of Technical experience in a busy organisation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Planning and Organising skills
- numerical and literacy skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of industry changes in regards to issues affecting information technology