FHI 360 is currently seeking to fill Temporary Finance Assistants positions for the USAID-funded Afya Uzazi Nakuru/Baringo Program. The project aims to provide technical assistance and support to scale up evidence-based maternal, newborn, and child health interventions; family planning and reproductive health services; and nutrition activities in focus geographical areas.
The Temporary Finance Assistants will support the unit to improve on the timeliness of payments to various parties. They will work under the Finance officer to ease the workload from participant, employee and vendor payments. In addition, the interns will assist the technical staff to prepare, review and finalize documents necessary for prompt payments for activities.
• Receive and verify completeness of activity registration, payment forms from the field.
• Input figures to the Mobile money Excel files for finance officer’s review (to expedite the payment process)
• Receive and ensure completeness of invoices and their supporting documentation.
• Prepare invoice payments for finance officer’s review.
• Prepare Travel Expense Reports from COP’s travel (for Finance officer’s review).
• Assist finance officer with prompt and orderly filing of all accounting documents.
• Assist finance officer maintain accounting documents trackers.
• Assist satellite office Administrative assistant manage the office, petty cash and filing.
• Support technical teams in assigned field activities.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
▪ Good planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
▪ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
▪ Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
▪ Must be computer literate. Working knowledge of a computerized accounting system will be an added advantage.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
▪ A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related course and professional accounting (Minimum CPA Sec II)
▪ A good command of oral and written English language.
▪ 1-3 years’ working experience, preferably in NGO setting.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.