You will be working in a small team which reports directly to the business development manager.
Top Choice Surveillance limited is a tech company that offers advanced physical security solutions in East Africa and integrate security, accessibility, communication and infrastructure with an emphasis on quality to ensure value addition.
Tender assistant tasks will consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the tender process within the tender team, set deadlines and responsibilities
- Communicate with clients on the tender process
- Communicate internally, prepare for and conduct internal meetings for each bids where necessary
- Reviewing contractual terms and conditions
- Maintaining the administration of the tenders
- Prepare bid bonds if required
- Review and format draft bids in order to comply with Top Choice Surveillance brand guidelines and purchaser requirements
- Obtain feedback from purchasers when tenders are unsuccessful
- Strive to continuously improve the tender process
- Thorough understanding of bidding process and documentation
- Thorough understanding of IFMIS operations
- Sourcing and liaising with manufacturers for correct responses and solutions.
- Understanding Customers diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge.
- Preparation of Quality Tenders, proposals, quotations for any prospect client.
- Preparing of the Commercial Aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Contributing to the written proposal in terms of content and presentation.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bits.
REQUIREMENTS OF A TENDER ASSISTANT /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
We are looking for an energetic and socially skilled individual, with no nine-to-five mentality, who is able to multitask, and set priorities. Further, the ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Qualifications: Diploma in IT or related field
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Positive, can-do attitude, with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Prior experience with providing administrative support, ideally in a sales or commercial environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Eye for detail
- Self-starter able to work independently and in teams
- Flexible and adaptable
- SAP Online Submission
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Printing, Copying and document binding skills
- Working with AUTOCAD and Microsoft Projects would be an added bonus
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours, Saturday and Sunday when necessary
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport will be a plus
- Experience in tender preparation/ business proposal production