Our client is a highly innovative telecom company, founded in 2014 with the vision to enable affordable internet in developing countries. Our client believes that everyone has a right to access the internet and by empowering youth and women, they can actively drive digital inclusion in these markets. Our client intends to deploy a cost-effective Internet Service in Kenya with the aim of providing affordable access to Content and Internet to low income members of society. The Service was initially deployed in the Kibera district of Nairobi with network 2 being launched before the end of the year. If the Service meets certain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) then the Service will be expanded to cover other districts of Nairobi and eventually other parts of Kenya and East Africa.
The Territory Sales Executive will initially report into the Head of Sales & Distribution but as the business expands the role will report into an Area Sales Representative looking after one of the networks. The Territory Sales Executive will be tasked with delivering the overall revenue and customer growth targets, within their specific defined geographical territory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute all sales activities within your specific defined geographical region.
- Continually identify and uncover new opportunities to boost sales.
- Revenue: Cary out customer MTU and STU visits to recruit new tenants and ensure that every customer continually pays for and continues to use the service.
- Reporting: Provide ongoing feedback on all your sales activities into the Head of Sales and Distribution, covering tenants interested, signed up, paid and delinquent.
- Continually feedback on any network issues, or noncompliance by customers
- Continually gather competitor feedback/updates / status and feed back immediately into the business.
- Work towards and implement Sales best practices at all times.
- Training: Educate all potential customers on all products and services.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of all products and services and be able to clearly explain them to potential customers.
- Act as the first level of escalation for company customers who have issues and assist in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Raise high-quality tickets into Customer Service on behalf of the customer should you be unable to solve a customer query
- Raise high-quality internal tickets on both public Wi-Fi and Home network issues as they arise.
- Meet and aim to surpass all daily, weekly and monthly sales targets in your Territory.
- Assist your fellow Sales colleagues in hitting sales targets outside your specific territory for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills capable of influencing and delivering results.
- Be able to handle customer objections with skill and humor to drive customers to a successful close
- Clearly articulate where it is advantageous against our competitors
- Be open and honest and NEVER oversell
- Build and maintain effective relationships with our customers, both consumers, and businesses.
- Proactively communicate with your supervisor in real time on progress and issues arising.
Marketing & Development
- Work closely with the Marketing team to enhance brand visibility.
- Work hand in hand with Business Development team on selling in specifically identified opportunities throughout the Area.
- Pass leads on community-based organizations to Business Development for the development of multi sales activation opportunities.
- Work hand in hand with Business Development in passing leads on multi–tenant units (MTU) where we can sell from.
- You must be eligible to work in Kenya
- Education: Minimum of 0-level
- 3 years’ experience in direct face to face sales, experience in our target market an added advantage
In addition, you will;
- Be a team player
- Have excellent customer focus and service skills, with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Be IT Savvy
- Show a general interest in technology and the internet
- Have good planning and organizational skills
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills
- Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
- Have a sense of responsibility and integrity
- Be able to work and deliver the numbers under pressure