General Summary: Your role is to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within assigned territory/or market segment by effectively selling the Company’s products and /or related services.
Job title: Territory Sales In-Charge (2 positions)
Reports to: GT Manager/Sales Manager
Direct Reports: Sales Assistants, Trade Assistants (within their regions)
Budget: 50 – 60K
- To establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and physically visits and do presentations to the existing customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals /quotations for current and prospective customers in liaison with the sales manager
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Coordinates sales efforts with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyses the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plan and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in sales or marketing from a reputable institution with 5 year minimum selling experience selling in an FMCG environment or Degree in related field with three years’ selling experience in the same environment
- Must be a holder of valid driving licence
- Highest order of Integrity and ability to maintain strictest confidentiality
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Good reporting and sales closure skills
- Excellent self- management skills and the proven ability to meet strict targets and deadlines