Reporting to: Head of Sales
Econome is a Kenyan enterprise seeking to shape a new experience for rural households through sales and distribution of quality, affordable, and impactful household products.
Our vision is to create better and easier everyday lives for rural households. Our products include solar lights, energy efficient cook stoves, pressure cookers, mobile phones and other household goods.
The post is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, dynamic and experienced sales person looking to build their career in rural distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities;
SALES GROWTH - Time allocation 90%
- Together with the Sales Manager, build the direct marketing business model(s) and drive the expansion of Econome throughout the country.
- Develop and implement the sales/ marketing plan building awareness and driving sales across each distribution channel and ensure consistent branding.
- Build partner relationships with MFIs, major NGOs and local government vital for the support and expansion of business.
- Identify, develop and manage all trading partners and accounts.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
REPORTING- Time allocation 10%
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Liaise with finance and administration teams to ensure customer accounts are paid on time and credit limits are well managed.
- Motivated and self-directed sales professional that can operate within proper guidelines.
- Exceptional communication skills, presentation, negotiation and sales skills, strong business work ethic, positive attitude and professional demeanour required
- Computer skills, networking and relationship building skills in the industry.
- Must demonstrate competence in team work, networking, and target marketing to specific prospects and have advanced selling skills.
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Good business sense and professional manner
- The ability to work well on your own and also as part of a team
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills
- Computer literacy
- Diploma or Degree in Sales and Marketing
- Experience across distribution channels with a track record of results scaling up a business
- Confidence, motivation and determination
- Good Communication and people skills
- Experience with group sales and the solar sector (preferable)
- Experience working with people in remote sites/at a distance
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule
- Natural salesperson, able to build excitement about products to customers
- Self-starter with capacity to work under minimum supervision & support and the ability to manage multiple priorities and workload
- Strong team work skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to Econome’s work
- Confident communicator, able to negotiate mutually beneficial partnerships with partners, businesses and communities
- Good work ethic and integrity.
- Participative and collaborative working approach.
- Passionate, trustworthy, dependable and decisive sales person who communicates effectively and consistently works efficiently to high standards.