Reports To: The Business Development Manager
• Operations Department
• Business Development Department
• Finance Department
• Client Relations
Interacts With: External
Job Purpose: Develop and sell domestic tours
• Develop local tours, safaris and excursion packages on a monthly basis
• Follow through with sales/seat filling for each package. The sales shall be predominately to the general market/unique individual sales
• Use social media and create materials such as E-Flyers to market the various packages developed
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers/vendors so that work is done as it should without client
• Ensure that all agent and client enquiries are responded to fully on the same day.
• Ensure that quotations are submitted in a timely manner, are complete in all details and that presentations are of the highest possible quality.
• Ensure that all necessary bookings are made and confirmed for proposals accepted by Client.
• Take ownership of the booking to ensure that customer care of the highest quality is delivered.
• Ensure any cancellation is acknowledged in writing by service provider and charges where incurred are invoiced and collected.
• Solve or assist in solving problems of whatever nature, for the benefit of the traveller.
Financial Responsibility: As above
• Microsoft Office suite
• A university degree from a recognized institution in a relevant field
• Knowledge of payment procedures and routines.
• Must Have IATA or GDS Certification
• Good understanding of client customer service requirement
• Detailed knowledge of the local geography.
• Detailed knowledge of ground handling and tour management
• Five years in a similar role
• Energetic creative honest , reliable and a good time keeper
• Structured and methodical in approach
• Able to produce timely & accurate reports
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Takes a proactive approach
• Ability to complete tasks
• Flexible to changing circumstances
• Apply best practice wherever possible
• Excellent communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.