Job Title: Trainer
Hours of Work: Part-Time with ability to transition to full-time
Wages: To commensurate with experience
Location:Nairobi (Lavington, Westlands, Parklands, and other venues throughout Nairobi)
Strong Start is a fast growing social enterprise that provides early childhood support for families and communities throughout Nairobi. Our classes and playgroups teach caregivers how to create fun and stimulating environments at home for children to thrive.
Our positive parenting approach contains the 5 Domains of Early Learning, which sets the trajectory for a child’s growth and development over a lifetime (5 Domains of Early Learning: Physical Development, Social Development, Cognitive Development, Language Development & Life Skills).
Strong Start enables children’s access to positive learning spaces while building meaningful, and professional employment opportunities for women in the caregiving industry. Our trainings offer caregivers opportunities to advance their professional skills while on the job, which leads to higher job retention, promotions, and higher living wages.
Strong Start is now looking for trainers to teach classes and run playgroups throughout Nairobi. Class subjects range from sports to professional development to wellness and parenting. Trainers must be able to work with child and adult learners. Work hours and venues change, so APPLICANTS MUST HAVE FLEXIBILITY TO ADAPT TO TEACHING SCHEDULES, WHICH INCLUDE EVENING AND WEEKEND CLASSES.
We are looking for trainers with progressive teaching practices whose early childhood development values are aligned with positive learning approaches. Trainers with strong levels of professionalism (ability to meet deadlines, manage work schedule, always arrive on time), have a strong work ethic, with a drive to grow professionally are encouraged to apply.
· Teach Strong Start classes by following lesson plans, teacher guides and objectives
· Prepare for each class and playgroup in advance, including, preparing and organizing materials to meet class objectives
· Clearly communicate class objectives to students and ensure quality teaching of classes and playgroups that meet their learning objectives (includes starting and ending on time)
· Plan and conduct playgroup activities for a balanced program that meets the learning objectives
· Assess, document, and report on the development of each child
· Set a positive example by practicing quality professionalism and creating a positive, fun and stimulating environment for students to actively engage in the learning environment
· Be a positive brand ambassador of Strong Start
· Teach at different venues throughout Nairobi
· Teach during the week / evenings / weekends
· Diploma or Certificate in one of the following areas: Early Childhood Development, Education, Physical Education, Montessori, Waldorf
· At least three years of experience working as a teacher
· Certificate of Good Conduct
· Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Flexibility to work at different sites and venues throughout Nairobi
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends
· Knowledgeable and passionate about the job
· Ability to meet class objects
· A team player but also a self-starter
· Available professional references
Send CV and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8, 2019