The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering
the best online user experience. Must have an eye for clean and artful design, possess
superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into
interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive,
and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Develop user interface mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product function and look like.
- Work closely with the UX researcher to conduct user research and evaluate user feedback, to create streamlined and simple product design process.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Previous working experience as a UI Designer for 3 years.
- Excellent UI design portfolio.
- An understanding of the human centered product design process from UX research to high fidelity designs.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- A great initiative and self-motivation, critical thinker and good problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and time management skills.
- Knowledge of design tools including Figma, XD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Previous experience with HTML5 & CSS3 is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Human-Computer Interaction and design thinking principles.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Deadline: 30th October 2019.
Job Category: Upper Mid-Level.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
We endeavor to make contact
with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make
this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application
has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be
considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply
for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***