Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: Open ended, full time
Current Stack: Express Node.js, Java 8, Elasticsearch, Python, SQL, Spring framework (Spring-boot, Spring data, Spring security, Spring XD), Redis, Angular
• 5+ years experience in design and UX
• Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A kick ass designer with a wholistic approach that includes UX and responsive designs
• Design in the browser? Mad bonus points.
• Ready to tackle challenges end to end and learn new skills
• Passionate about establishing good design processes and care about the implementation
• You enter conversations with strong opinions, weakly held
You will define who Hivisasa is in both appearance and voice. On top, you’ll ensure that interacting with our platform leaves readers and writers inspired. You’ll develop looks like/ works like mockups, and wireframes. You’ll test designs with quickly built mockups and you’ll validate your work through routine A/B testing of alternatives. You’ll work with developers to ensure your concepts are tactfully actualized. Your job ends only when our users get to enjoy what once only you imagined.
Nice to have experience:
• Heroku, ElasticSearch, Continuous Integration, Angular, Linux, Redis, Opera Mini, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Kibana, Facebook Ads, Facebook APIs
• Ad networks (Google Ads, Monetize More, Taboola)
• News media or blog sites and related challenges such as time sensitive SEO
• Experience working on sites with millions of pageviews per day, load testing, scaling
Tech at Hivisasa is a small team. We expect you to take an active role in architecting solutions and evolving the tech team culture / best practices. We already have a product with > 5 million uniques per month, 100,000’s of page views per day. This is a great testbed on which to iterate new features. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact across the organization and our user base immediately!
What is Hivisasa:
Hivisasa is a place for African audiences to create, discover and share content. We are driven by our mission to elevate local and national debates by informing readers, providing a rewarding discussion platform, and decentralising the flow of information. Media is very controlled in this part of the world and the internet offers a chance for people with different voices to come together and get heard.