The successful candidate must be an
analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve
problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is
essential. He/she will design software and platforms that meet people’s needs & make the product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Analyze existing systems and understand new needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Conduct research on usability and customer experience.
- Clarify requirements and segregate them into functional and non-functional categories.
- Present solutions, ideas and recommendations that serves the requirements.
- Document the discussions, concepts and the finalized scope.
- Prepare mockups, prototypes, wireframes and interaction diagrams.
- Oversee and contribute to the design and development of the screens.
- Conduct testing to validate that the developed functionality is in accordance with the scope.
- Continuously research and strive to understand audience needs better and improve the existing systems.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Strong research, analysis and quantitative skills.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Thorough understanding of user interface design, information architecture, and human factors.
- Familiarity with interaction design, information architecture, graphic designing and UI designing concepts.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and creative problem-solving outlook.
- Analytical mind with a business acumen.
- Documentation and articulation skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Deadline: 30th October 2019.
Job Category: Upper Mid-Level.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
We endeavor to make
contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of
applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks
your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean
you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job
board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***