We build Africa’s most user-centric marketplaces
Your mission is to advocate a user-centric approach in product development, but also to establish, encourage and facilitate cross-disciplinary and cross-department collaborations with the aim of growing and strengthen the organization’s user understanding and user experience driven initiatives.
Reporting into: Head of Vertical
Indirect reports: Functionally - UI team
- User research
- Persona creation
- Develop prototypes for development and design team
- User/customer journey mapping
- Usability testing, analysis & reporting
- Assist with copywriting for our apps & platforms
- Coordinate with Product and Business teams to define the next generation of business concepts and solutions.
- Use of persona creation to inform product development
- Use personas & user journeys to create communication/engagement strategies
- Coordinate with customer service teams to investigate user behaviours
- Coordinate with marketing team to develop engagement & communications strategies for our platforms to drive user behaviour
- Stay up to date with new developments in your field and the markets
- Iterate with the other UX & UI Specialists to refine & improve concepts
- Weekly meeting with Head of Vertical to align, share learnings and suggest improvements to Platforms
on performance of UX changes per project
- Create sketch wireframes for optimisation proposals and development projects
- Analyse user flows, and investigate potential optimisations
- Utilise analysis tools, Hotjar, Google Analytics, Optimizely
- Conduct persona research and work with UI to create info graphics
- Assist with competitive analysis of user experience and features
- Utilise Jira to update task status
- Head of Vertical
- Product Manager/Assistant Product Manager for vertical
- Head of Marketing for Vertical
- Head of Tech for Vertical
- UX/UI designers in same and other teams
- At least 2 years of UX design experience. A plus for candidate with experience designing solutions for digital environments in an African market context.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with standard UX software such as Sketch and InVision - or similar software.
- Ability to use data tools such as Google Analytics and HotJar as quantitative inputs in the design decision and validation process.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD) and design thinking; planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- A team player.