To develop knowledge, and skills in aurally comprehending, speaking and reading, the Nandi language, in accordance with the pupil’s ability. The lessons will be offered in the evening and or over the weekends.
Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students to speak, comprehend and write in the Nandi language or a close dialect
- Instruction in the language includes vocabulary, grammar, and accent as well as spelling and other mechanics of language.
- Develop lesson plans and materials compatible with the basic instructional philosophy.
- Provide individualized instruction and adapt the curriculum to the needs of the pupil.
- Develops pupil understanding and appreciation of culture of where the studied language
- Create and/or print out instructional material for learner’s use
Requirements and Qualifications
- Demonstrates a high proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking the Nandi Language or a close dialect of the Kalenjin
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in teaching language