- Manipulate and edit video footage creatively in a way that is understandable to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a video shoot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity, and coming up with an edit script.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Trim footage segments, color correct/color grade and put together a complete sequence of the edit.
- Input music, subtitles, motion graphics/ titling, transitions and effects seamlessly and creatively.
- Clean and equalize audio levels of the final cut.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running of the edit.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies/ techniques and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor and videographer.
- Solid experience with digital technology and newer versions of editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Audition).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to shoot videos and skill to operate a video DSLR camera and handle video equipments.
- Self-motivation and continuity of time management.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Follow the company's brand guidelines and work ethics.
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind.
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing.
- Patience and concentration.
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as a team.
- High level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.