Location: 50% Nairobi 50% Homabay
Reports to: Director of Sustainability
Start Date: Immediate
Want to work in fantastic environment for our employees where you have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally? Want to work where the importance of individual and team contributions to the success the company is recognized?
Then you should come join us at Victory Farms as a Videographer & Digital Media Analyst.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible Videographer & Digital Media Analyst to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs.
The Employee’s duties and procedures which may be varied from time to time, will include amongst other responsibilities that arise during the day to day business of the Company the following:
- Ability to shoot video and audio at a professional skill level
- Able to cut, edit, and post-process films to an advanced and modern level
- Prior work will be required for viewing for this role
- Creative eye for storyline, developing characters in social media-length films, and creating emotional appeal for VF impact
- Must be highly flexible to suit the needs of a small start-up, which means buses and boda-boda travels are frequent as we need a mobile person
- Comfortable with modern web apps, can quickly learn and use them to his/her strength
- Desire to learn and progress within the organization
- Incredibly diligent and able to follow projects through to completion
- Dedicated to excellence and detail-oriented execution
- Must be willing and able to spend long periods in Homa Bay, in the area around Sindo town (Suba sub county)
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Should have 3+ years working in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Passionate about technology with a strong urge to learn.
- Excellent understanding of business processes & conceptual models, strong presentation skills, training skills etc. shall be required
- Create content by both filming activities, audio work, web-based work, social media work, and use editing software to create finished product.
- An ability to use social media at an advanced level is a strong plus.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in sub-Saharan Africa over the next 5 years. The Company will achieve this whilst maintaining the highest code of environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards for sustainability and following best practice, while growing to feed millions of people across Africa.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both onshore and offshore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County. The company has distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and we are rapidly expanding the farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing to keep pace with the rapid growth in production from the farm. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.