- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
The hotel opened its doors in April 2016. We are a boutique establishment with 86 suites and a penthouse. It is high trading under Leo Investments Limited, which is a part of the Chatur Group of Companies which consist of 3 other hotels.
1. Cloud Hotel & Suites, Diamond Plaza. Parklands, Nairobi
2. The Mara Concord Game Lodge, Maasai Mara
3. Bahari Dhow Beach Villas, Ukunda. Diani, Mombasa
We are looking for a skilled Waiter/ Waitress to greet and serve the guest in accordance with the Hotel’s standards of food and beverage quality, presentation and sanitation, and in a gracious and professional manner. Display aggressive hospitality through positive personality with both guest and co-workers. Take pride in all facets of service, to include quality, appearance, cleanliness, for self and the dining room.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
· Ability to work in a team
· Very good communication skills
· Excellent physical condition and stamina
· Honesty at all times
· Proven experience as waiter/ waitress
· Experience in using F&B Systems e.g. MICROS FIDELIO.
· Knowledge of various foods and beverages, procedures and preparation methods
· Creativity in service operations
· Enthusiastic about their work.
· Yearning for personal and career development
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Check station assigned, prior to opening, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, ashtrays, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware.
2. Have necessary equipment to work with: Captain Order booklet, tray, pen, linen, corkscrew, etc.
3. To greet and welcome all guests warmly and sincerely in a friendly manner and address them by name at all times whenever possible.
4. Present menu and provide detailed information to the guests
5. Take orders and serve food and beverages to Guests in our restaurant using the KOT provided and POS Micros system.
6. Always be aware of Guest satisfaction to deliver the perfect service experience.
7. To clearly communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff as per the guest request
8. Ensure high quality of food and beverages to Guests.
9. Do all necessary opening and closing side work, as per side work schedule.
10. Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct and precise manner (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
11. Handle station assigned to you. Remain on your station, unless serving a guest or advised otherwise.
12. Always operate the point of sale equipment when taking guest orders.
13. Ensure no voids without supervisor's written approval.
14. Provide the perfect service experience for every Guest
15. Ensure the Guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant
16. Ensure hot food is hot and cold food is cold as per the set standards
17. Adhere to timing standards for products and services
18. Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns
19. Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage
20. Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner
21. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
22. Must know all food, liquor, beer, wine and retail on offer from time to time.
23. Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests in making a decision on the order
24. To inform customers about the day’s specials, soups, drinks, offer menu recommendations upon request and up-sell additional products when appropriate
25. Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning; maintain table cleanliness
26. Looks for ways to avoid waste and limit costs
27. Assist in keeping the restaurant clean and safe
28. Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages
29. Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed
30. Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures by delivering checks and collecting bill payments
31. Report to property on time and in proper uniform
32. Follow all relevant health department regulations
33. Ensure proper handover to the next bartender at the close of each shift
34. Perform other tasks assigned within the scope of your duty.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Certificate in Food and Beverage from a reputable College or University
· 1 years’ previous experience as waiter/ waitress.
· Good working knowledge of Micros Fidelio
Modalities: The waiter/ waitress works 6 days a week.
Reporting Relationship: The waiter/ waitress will report to the Food and Beverage Manager and will work closely with other f&b staff and other concerned departments.
Location: The Position holder will be based in Parklands- Nairobi.
· Copies of academic certificates or transcripts
· Copy of National Identification Card
· Food Handlers Certificate
· Good conduct certificate
HOW TO APPLY
Application MUST include an application letter highlighting suitability for the position and curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email; and names with contact addresses for 3 professional references.
Applications must have WAITER/ WAITRESS as the subject.
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.