Position: Warehouse & Distribution Manager (For a Large Food Manufacturing Company)
Employer: A Large Food Manufacturing Company
Ref No: SGK-W&DM-01-2019
Job Category: Management
Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/ Supply Chain Management or other related field.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Knowledgeable on export and import legislations in a multinational sourcing operations.
- Good knowledge and application of rules and regulations for local and international
- At least 7 Years working experience dealing with Warehousing and Distribution in a Large and busy Food Manufacturing Company.
- Strong and progressive experience in logistics and procurement from an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of an ERP (preferably SAP in an FMCG environment).
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, Warehouse & Distribution Manager will be responsible for logistics planning and arrangements facilitating efficient procurement, transportation, storage and distribution of raw materials and finished goods across the country by performing the following duties:-
- Developing inventory and logistics strategies to ensure effective & efficient warehousing and distribution systems.
- Responsible for all warehouse & distribution costs in the P&L.
- Manage Supply Chain to the plant.
- Ascertain that standard specifications are set for purchased materials and services.
- Review Monthly production schedules, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak and delivery timings.
- Management of C&F contracts, maintenance of up to date SLA, and periodic reviews; Manage and ensure compliance with import/export regulations.
- Management of relationships with Raw Material Suppliers, regular review of Raw Materials Supply Contracts and constant review of global prices for Raw Materials to identify best suppliers for raw Materials.
- Initiate and ensure prompt payments and actions for rapid clearance of goods.
- Agree on product/ raw material/ machinery and equipment specifications with third-party suppliers before order placement.
- Development of annual detailed procurement and distribution plans to ensure that long-term contracts are put in place to meet materials requirements.
- Ensure that all chemicals have material safety data sheets before purchase to comply with the set Environmental Management Systems and company Health and Safety requirements.
- Measure suppliers’ performance with regards, quality, and pricing and delivery reliability as per agreed parameters and KPIs.
- Regular review with all suppliers on delivery, cost, quality and corporate compliance.
- Ensure that products are delivered on time at the lowest cost point.
- Plan daily optimal routes from our 5 five warehouse locations across the country to over 3,000 stockists / customers.
- Manage the primary haulage routes from the Plant to the 5 warehouses in the country.
- Monitor the costs (e.g. fuel) per route per truck.
- Ensure optimal use of company fleet in terms of costs, utilization, maintenance and allocation; ensure efficient and cost effective maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
- Oversee timely and accurate processing, Invoicing, dispatch and delivery of Sales Orders.
- Anticipate through research possible supply shocks for crucial commodities and advise the business on timely basis. Develop back up distribution plans for peak seasons.
- Limit demurrage costs by ensuring full coordination of end user and sender.
- Ensure optimal inventory and rotation levels per warehouse.
- Maintain stock holding and distribution costs at minimum; develop efficient and effective ways of utilizing available trucks, warehouse space and labour.
- Monitor Rotation levels to measure stock turnover and warehouse utilization as percentage of warehouse capacity used.
- Regular review of plans and actual performance to ensure that there are no
- Ascertain Quality Control of stock being received by confirming that all
stock items are inspected to specifications before they are accepted at the
- Monitor daily activities to ensure that any operational challenges and bottlenecks are resolved.
Expected Salary:- Kshs: 500,000 - 600,000 plus generous company benefits