Our client in manufacturing industry looking for warehouse in charge personresponsible for the operation of a major warehouse facility; to maintain inventories of all specified property and equipment; to plan and direct the receipt, storage and issuance of materials and equipment; and to do related work as required.
- Supervises the receiving, storing, issuing and delivering of materials, equipment and supplies; Develops, implements and maintains warehouse inventory control systems;
- May utilize electronic data processing procedures;
- Is responsible for security of property from damage or theft;
- Establishes distribution standards and procedures;
- Develops and implements storage space utilization plans;
- Conducts periodic inventories of the surplus materials and equipment and disposes of surplus property;
- Insures adequate stock levels are maintained;
- May consult with other county departments concerning variety, quality and inventory levels of required stock items;
- Maintains appropriate cost controls;
- Prepares warehouse budget;
- Prepares correspondence, reports and surveys;
- May supervise one or more warehouse employees;
- May process applications for registration and licensing of county vehicles;
- May maintain vehicle registration records and license plate controls;
- May prepare specialized equipment orders and may supervise the testing, repair and storage of specialized equipment and apparatus;
- May assist in maintaining emergency crew logistic support;
- May work with Emergency Services Director in the acquisition and storage of State surplus materials and equipment.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Degree or Diploma in purchasing and supply management, equivalent and three years of experience in work involving inventory control, maintenance of equipment and storekeeping.
- Knowledge of: warehousing and stock control methods and procedures; computerized and/or mechanized inventory control systems; freight regulations, bills of lading, legal limitation of various types of public carriers, and other related transportation technicalities.
- Ability to: estimate for future needs; maintain and supervise the maintenance of accurate records; make decisions in emergency situations; plan and direct the work of others.