LOCATION: 100% Homabay
REPORTS TO: Warehouse supervisor
START DATE: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of
Kenya’s fastest growing young companies?
Victory Farms is recruiting a warehouse intern to perform an array of warehouse functions that include receiving and stacking the incoming fish feed and other materials, checking for conformity, processing warehouse requests, weighing of feeds, re-packing and dispatching orders, and to contribute to the smooth running of our warehouse units within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a warehouse intern.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Will support the warehouse supervisor in planning, organizing and implementing the long-term strategy at the warehouse, monitor fish feed consumption and supply pipeline.
- Ensure there is adequate and organized filling system for waybills, inventory records and other logistical records.
- Ensure visibility of warehouse operations by sharing regular updates on feed movement, status and flagging out any anomalies for swift remedial action.
- Assists in shipping and receiving, unloading trucks and checking in feed supply at the farm.
- Prepares feed orders by processing; weighing, picking & marshalling and Distribution.
- Maintains recommended stock levels and request for replenishment of feed types to avoid stockouts.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment and workstations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Always organize warehouse and work area for orderliness
- Updates stock records daily both on the system (Aqua manager) and stock cards.
- Ensure that all supply chain Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all the transactions.
Safety and Security:
- To ensure that warehouse staff and casuals operate in a safe and secure working environment.
- To ensure that all new staff within the warehouse and asset are briefed on warehouse safety & security procedures.
- To ensure that the VF warehouses are always secure, and a list of designated key holders is maintained and reviewed.
- To attend meetings when requested by the supervisor.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within Victory Farms.
- To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among all staff.
- To carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner always.
- Diploma in Logistics or supply chain management or any another relevant field.
- Ability to work under pressure and longer hours to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Ability to live and work in an isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel).
ABOUT VICTORY FARMS
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa. The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest