- Report to: General Manager
- Manage/Supervise: Team of Locals
- Responsible for handling the complete cycle of import-export operations encompassing, Consignments billing/documentation, customs documentation, clearance & Logistics.
- Monitor and co-ordinate with various freight forwarders, third party agencies, ports, customs, subcontractors, handling agencies etc. to accelerate shipments and clearances.
- Analyze data to monitor performance and plan improvements by reviewing all issues/gaps reported through monthly and quarterly MIS reviews
- Allocate and managing staff resources according to changing needs
- Implementing health and safety procedures and manage staff training issues
- Management and optimization of warehousing and inventory control
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with key groups in commercial, Concepts, finance, Service providers, Territory teams
- Continuously seek opportunities for improving external & internal processes
- Prepare discrepancy reports for damages /returns and inaccurate quantity of actual material prior to acceptance and issuance, share this report to Materials Planning Group, Distribution Centers and respective suppliers
- Conduct Stock audit with the Internal & External auditor at regular intervals and send the same report to corporate office. Should be responsible for random stock inspection on daily basis & maintaining nil variance
- Prepare and submitted periodic ageing / non-moving reports
- Facilitate preparation and approval of documentations required prior to disposal of expired / damaged materials and finished goods.
- Ensure the adherence of process and procedures with local legal and contractual requirement.
- Ensure reduction of Warehouse Transport costs and delivery cycle, by maximizing truck loads which are under-utilized.
- Well versed with the ERP systems used for handling the Warehouse functions. SAP ERP experience would be an added advantage.
- Graduate of Commerce or Business Administration
- Course in Import-Export/Logistics Management/ MBA in Operations would be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min 8 – 13 years in managing warehouse operations
- High Energy & Enthusiasm
- High level of Integrity
- Passion to perform and excel
- High ownership & accountability
- Strategic and proactive
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience in East Africa would be an added advantage