REPORTS DIRECT TO: GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS INDIRECTLY TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DIRECT REPORTS: 6
• Management of inventory received in the warehouse while ensuring zero stock losses on the warehouse floor and stock adequacy to meet market demand.
• Key accountabilities for the role include; ensuring proper utilization of warehousing space to minimize on carrying costs, adherence to standard stocking policy, adherence to budgets in bordering, preparation of daily, weekly and monthly stock plans, accountability for all stocks received in the warehouse through documentation of daily stock takes and reconciliation. Maintenance of the warehouse in line with set standards, tracking all recorded occurrences and ensuring OHS standards adherence in the warehouse.
• Optimally using the available resources in accordance with the business strategy and objectives to achieve profitable volume of sales.
• Verification of invoiced product received for conformity and Quantity.
• Tracking of all stocks received into the warehouse and verification of the same in ERP.
• Daily reconciliation of system and physical stock count to nil.
• Preparation and emailing of daily, weekly and monthly stock reports to Finance, Sales and Distribution and Internal audit departments.
• Preparation and emailing of daily stock position to external stakeholder.
• Generation of orders in line with standard stocking levels and sharing the same with the Finance department for alignment with budget.
• Tracking of all damaged/non-conforming inventory received in the warehouse, documenting it and maintaining a schedule of the same for reconciliation.
• Maintaining cleanliness in the warehouse as per set standards.
• Ensuring all employees engaged in the warehouse adhere to the safety standards and have full PPE.
• Advising on the optimum human resource for category based on the operations trends.
• Presentation of a monthly casual’s budget to finance and HRM departments for budget appraisal.
• Verification of casual laborer’s schedule engaged on a weekly basis and forwarding it to HRM and admin department for clearance.
• Ensuring Picking lists are correctly filled, and the correct quantities are issued against the picking list.
• Verification of stocks issued and ensuring all picking lists are signed off correctly on issuance of stock.
• Verification of stocks received by Stock Controllers from routes and ensuring all signoffs are done for the returns.
• Free issue stocks tracking and reconciliation.
• Custodian of all stock documentation (Picking Lists, CIRs, RTNs, Purchase invoices, Stock take Sheets)
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION JOB KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Business Administration/Management with a major in Logistics/Procurement & Supplies Management, or any related degree.
• At least 3 years of experience in FMCG in management.
• Ability to generate reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Strong proficiency in the use of IT.
• Ability to cope with responsibility, flexibility and high pressure.
• Ambitious, confident, energized and proactive.
• Enthusiastic and a mature team player.
• Has planning and organizational capacity.
• Has a strategic perspective.
• Business analysis and results focused.
• Pleasant and outgoing personality with empathy and resilience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality across the board.