Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Development Engineer
will be responsible for providing the required technical engineering support in
assigned projects, as well as, business prospecting, sales co-ordination and delivering
on profitability targets.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with existing and prospective customers to generate new business in both the public and private sector.
- Develop a database of projects in water storage, sanitation, infrastructure construction, irrigation i.e. Information such as key decision makers, relevant contact details, contractors, project clients, sources of funding, tendering process, timelines etc.
- Ensure sales targets are met by driving the sales volumes at optimum pricing.
- Re-viewing and checking designs, drawings and data.
- Negotiate, formulate and manage supply contracts and follow up payments from clients.
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Manage tenders, proposals and quotations for major infrastructure projects.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers in the public sector and internal teams.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts for management using key account metrics.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Co-ordinate with the production/field services/operations department to produce/install goods for customers.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitor activities, advertising and promotional trends.
- Organize and participate in trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and meetings related to the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum often (10) years’ experience in civil construction, road construction and/or water supply projects; Additional qualifications and experience in Sales and Marketing will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of national and international standards for road/rail construction and sewerage and drainage systems.
- Experience in working with the public sector through infrastructure projects, with ability to engage with senior engineers and managers in the private and public sector.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication, problem solving, negotiation, interpersonal, report writing and presentation, technical and analytical skills.
A competitive package will be offered to the suitable candidate with an opportunity for great exposure and growth.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit CVs indicating their day telephone contact and level of pay by Friday 6th September 2019.