- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements;
- Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems;
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions;
- Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media;
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types;
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems;
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups;
- Perform or direct web site updates;
- Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent;
- Knowledge of various programming languages, and ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Ability to analyze needs and the product requirements to create a design, and ability to give full attention to what other people are saying.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.