The Web Development Intern will be responsible for:
- All kinds of graphic design
- Website layouts using content management systems such as Wordpress
- Web server configuration
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements:
- A university degree
- Demonstrable experience as a graphic designer using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe XD
- Demonstrable eye for design in organisation of work and other artefacts
- Demonstrable experience in web server configuration and setting up hosting environments using cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and Google Cloud
- Credibility as a writer
- Extensive experience and usage of social media platforms to promote products, services or brands
- Demonstrable experience in creation of video, website and social media content
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong market research and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Familiarity with Kenyan and global education market trends
- Familiarity with latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, social media communication and multimedia production
Elewa - to understand
Elewa is an education innovation company whose mission it is make education meaningful and enjoyable. Students that make sense of their education and enjoy every learning experience go ahead to fulfil their potential and be productive citizens.
Elewa believes that teachers come first and as such work towards its mission by empowering teachers to be effective 21st century educators. The company has developed tools and approaches to empower teachers to be excellent motivated professionals in the Kenyan education context.
The company has extensive expertise in the fields of education design, curriculum development, content development, assessment development and e-learning development.
We work with educators and education institutions in Kenya’s basic education sector (primary and secondary), TVET sector as well as university sector. We also work with development organisations, NGOs and Government in the overall development and delivery of quality education programmes in Kenya.