To this end, we have identified a vacant position that needs
to be filled immediately.
Role: - WELDING ELECTRODE PLANT SUPERVISOR
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRAs) (Role and Responsibilities)
- Opening and closing the plant unit on a daily basis.
- Manage and monitoring all plant operations including production planning, quality, raw material import, maintenance schedule, product costing
- Monitor & control process parameters of entire plant operations. Keep ensuring for less rejects & rework.
- Identifying and implementing strategies for building team
- Develop and train skilled work force -preparing sop’s and operator training manual
- Keep detailed production records.
- Prepare targets
- Overseeing transfer of finished products to the stores
- General problem solving
- Ensuring that every new employee is trained on the job to do before engaging him/her
- Organizing for refresher trainings every month for all employees
- Lead your team in developing effective work habits, efficient skills and high standards for quality
- Monitoring operation of machines & dealing with any breakdowns
- Assisting workers with machine issues.
- Establish maintenance program
- Review non-conformances and take corrective and preventive action.
- Prepare weekly, monthly production schedules.
- Ensuring timely reporting of production data to management for decision making
- Ensuring that the production data is accurately captured by the production clerks and there are no mistakes in the reports
- Ensure that production data is keyed in timely for the monthly analysis
- Conduct regular audits of productivity and quality to identify any shortcomings and maintain the high standard your team adheres to
DESIRED/ IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A university degree / higher diploma in Mechanical /Chemical/metallurgy engineering or related technical subject
- The candidate should be a mechanic and a lathe operator.
- The person must be a technical expert able to operate a lathe machine, shaper, and surface grinding machine.
- Previous experience as a Production Manager (preferably steel conversion –nails/barbed wire/ chainlink/ roofing)
- QC/ ISO/ KAISAN / any other setup.
- 5 – 7 years of work experience with 4 being in a supervisory level
- Planning engineer, shift supervisor
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate leadership
- Quality assurance
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and high integrity
- Demonstrated good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be trained
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Experience in a manufacturing environment will be an added advantage
- Basic math and computer skills especially, good understanding of the Ms word and Ms excel