Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions:-
- Preparation and execution of annual business plans and activities.
- Drive change and develop a customer oriented culture in the organization.
- Oversee and supervise parts ordering, vehicle inspection and delivery.
- Control operating costs.
- Lead the team in conducting repairs and management of workshop efficiency.
- Effective management of workshop resources.
- Provision of advisory services to the workshop team.
- Monitor staff performance, attendance and general resolution of problems.
- Staff training, technical advice and participate in the recruitment process of workshop employees.
- Ensure Environment, Health and Safety best practices in the workshop.
- Administer corporate policy and ensure compliance with labour agreements & effective labour relations.
- Preparation of Management reports.
For appointment to this position, the successful candidate must have the following minimum requirements: -
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering field or equivalent qualifications.
- Ten years work experience in a relevant field.
- Technical competence with the ability to train others.
- Good communication, analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills.