Reporting to: Business Development Manager/EA
Department Head: Transport Manager (TM)
mechanics/personnel and enter details into maintenance database and ensure that
tasks written in the job card are done with set time frames. (brought to number
1 from 10)
2. Human Resource Management:
- To spearhead/ participate in recruitment of workshop related personnel including but not limited to, (drivers, mechanics, handyman, stores, admin etc),.
- To plan for training gaps of staff eg defensive driving, tyre management, HSE skills etc.
3. Organizational structure and work planning – To set out a workflow process that will yield to efficiency and obtaining of value for money on work done.
4. Equipment Management- You are the final authority to guide management onplanning, allocating and retiring of assets at the right time and cost.
5. Maintenance Programme- To monitor and audit maintenance procedures to ensure equipment and motor vehicles are being well maintained and procedures and resources are not abused.
6. Cost and budgetary control- Control costs to ensure the workshop is run as a commercially viable entity. (Spare parts prices, quality, vandalism, Oils and filters scheduled maintenance etc.)
7. To conduct Tool Box Meeting (TBM).
8. To Receive Driver’s Daily Vehicle Inspection Report and perform walk around test.
9. Review solutions specified; review/approve parts requisitions in consultation with other personnel. Ensure parts requisitions details are entered into maintenance database; ensure the right quality of parts are fitted.
10. Confirm resolution of defects, Close DVIR and Job card and ensure maintenance database is updated in a timely manner.
11. Maintain, audit, scrutinize supervise a variety of records from which reports will be generated.
12. Provide input to enhance preventive maintenance in order to reduce repair costs.
13. To conduct inspections and examinations of work done, work in-progress including but not limited to fabrications, spare parts, diagnostic tests, overhaul, equipment etc.
14. Ensure workshop facilities, tools & equipment are adequate & in safe working order
15. Monitor and report mechanic productivity, quality of workmanship, effectiveness
16. Road calls management- WMS is the first point of contact for all road calls.
17. REPORTS-Prepare management reports as well as ad hoc technical reports including but not limited to, OVERALL WORKSHOP REPORT -monthly/quarterly/annually, Including but not limited to;
- Daily workshop monitoring report-daily,
- Preventive maintenance report-monthly,
- Defects reports-adhoc
- Costs/budget report-monthly
- Department meeting-monthly
- Road call report-adhoc/monthly
- Human Resource appraisal-monthly/quarterly
- Tyre report-daily/monthly
- Inventory report –weekly/monthly
- Engine, gearbox, differentials performance and Rebuild reports- monthly/quarterly
- Etc.-as and when requested
18. Perform work in adherence to safe work practices and procedures and in compliance with applicable standards and specifications of OHSE.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’S)
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Remember it’s your duty to keep abreast of any changes / revisions as published by local management.
Problem Solving / Issue Resolution.
- Seek clarifications from Managing Director if required.
- Resolve problems that occur during regular course of daily work with innovation and initiative.
System Knowledge (Internal Applications)
EDUCATION / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION / COMPETENCIES
- Degre / Diploma in Mechanical Automotive Engineering
- 4 year and above minimum experience in a busy automotive workshop in similar position
- MVM Grade 1
- Computer Literacy (Windows, Ms Office).
- Excellent communication skills (Written, Verbal and Listening skills).
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Efficiency, Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- High level on confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to take initiative