Responsible for obtaining and coordinating client briefs, managing projects teams and liaising with consultants. This position reports to a Director.
- All Applications letters & CV’s MUST be accompanied by a condensed portfolio
- Deadline for applications is: 7th April 2017
- We shall endeavour to make contact with all applicants. However if you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date, consider your application not successful on this occasion.
TRIAD Architects was incorporated in 1963 by RIBA Bronze medalist, Amyas Connell and the Professional Centre founder, Graham McCullough and has been at the forefront of the architectural profession in Kenya and the East Africa region since. With over two thousand projects since its inception, our core services are in Architecture, Interior Design and Project Management. Triad Architects is ISO 9001: 2015 certified.
Triad espouses a learning culture steeped in self-development, innovation, integrity and preservation of our environment. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity for all our employees.
The Architect is in charge of the project design and implementation at all stages from inception to completion. She/He is responsible for obtaining and coordinating client briefs, managing projects teams and liaising with consultants. This position reports to a Director.
Key responsibilities to the role include;
- Obtain project briefs from clients coordinate the design team and site to ensure the requirements of the client are fulfilled.
- Prepare concept design proposals that meet the brief agreed on with the client. Responsible for implementation of the Scheme Design, Working Drawings, Tender Documentation, Tender Action and Site Operations stages of the project.
- Co-ordinate the selection of consultants and contractors and Issue valuation certificates to facilitate payment to the contractors.
- Responsible for developing the concepts, schemes and detail designs in consultation with the Project Director.
- Provide high level strategic management to ensure that the organization meets or exceeds its business plan targets.
- Liaise with consultants to ensure effective and efficient planning and coordination of projects.
- Set and maintain high project management quality standards of products and services in line with ISO 9001:2015 certification and client needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
- Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS).
- Membership to the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK).
- Minimum 5 years extensive and progressively responsible experience in planning, designing and managing construction of major projects.
- Software: REVIT Architecture, Autocad, Sketch-up, MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to render using 3D Max modelling is a distinct advantage.
- Highly knowledgeable of construction management principles; including CPM scheduling, cost control, change order pricing/negotiation and construction techniques, standards and practices.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select and modify standard architectural techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Highly Organised thought process,
- Proven Problem solver - thoroughly thinks out and evaluates alternatives, innovative problem resolution, pro-active approach, initiative to resolve problems,
- Workload management -works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities and high Ethics and Integrity.