Chief Technology Officer will be a key Spotabet leader responsible for ensuring the company’s technology strategy serves its business strategy.
With a passion for building new businesses, technology, and teams, the Chief Technology Officer will be a key Spotabet leader responsible for ensuring the company’s technology strategy serves its business strategy. The CTO will be accountable for managing the product development and technology innovation process inside the organization by identifying high-impact strategies and business opportunities to then execute on the development of new capabilities, new business models and new products. The CTO will lead the engineering organization (a team of software and system engineers) by developing objectives and driving overall technology plans, including but not limited to tactical execution of the company’s product roadmap.
The CTO will be responsible for building and leading agile development teams while guiding overall development throughput and technology strategy. The ideal candidate will thrive in an open, fast-paced growth environment with work that spans from high-level strategy to deep execution detail. As a leader within Spotabet, you will champion and foster a collaborative corporate culture by bringing a unique combination of startup-like resourcefulness, technical expertise, and seasoned executive level strategic experience that allows you to contribute at the highest level of the organization.
The CTO is responsible for all company-wide software engineering teams across technology product lines. The CTO will assist in developing the vision and road map to execute current and future company goals and objectives to provide the best technology in the appropriate market segments while effectively consolidating technology products.
- Bachelor’s degree required (prefer computer science or related field), Master’s degree desired
- 10 + years’ experience building new products and services, preferably commercialized, multi-tenant SaaS products
- 12 + years’ experience in technology and engineering
- Outstanding management capabilities, including ability to build and lead a highly effective team across geographic locations
- Experience working with scaled agile methods and technology – i.e. – C# and/or Java
- Proven ability to manage software engineering teams of 150+ resources including off shore resources
- Experience with business process development, governance processes, budgeting and administrative operations
- Ability to balance high-level identification of innovation opportunities with oversight of technical development processes
- Demonstrated technical and business aptitude that allows you to understand, translate, and guide discussions and decisions at a strategic enterprise level as well as at a detailed execution level
- Passion for creating new products that drive significant value for our clients
- Experience managing in-house development staff and lead relationships with external developers
- Experience managing and protecting intellectual property
- Comfortable building and leading relationships with key customers
- Ability to influence and work with many internal stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey detailed and complicated messages to varied audiences, including the ability to communicate technically and non-technically with ability to translate between the two.