Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Location: Kapoeta, South Sudan
Reports to: Facility ART in-charge
Summary of Position:
The data clerk will coordinate and support HIV data management activities at health facilities. He/she will ensure documentation, compiling and reporting on routine HIV prevention, care and treatment services. We offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure HIV recording, tallying, and reporting tools are available
- Check availability of all necessary HIV service related forms, registers and reporting forms in the health facility on a monthly basis
- Check all HIV related forms, registers tally sheets and reporting forms are properly used in all service delivery points of the facility regularly
- Ensure that all HIV related tools are safe, secured and properly maintained
Ensure all HIV recording, tallying and reporting tools are properly used
- Complete the first section of HIV patient intake forms, HIV care and ART
patient cards, or client held card for new clients enrolled in HIV care
- Register HIV clients in Pre-ART register
- Register HIV positive clients in ART registers upon direction from the ART
- Update pre-ART and ART registers based on information from HIV care
and ART patient cards on daily basis
- Update TB suspect register based on information from HIV care and ART patient cards on daily basis
- Conduct monthly cohort analysis and share information
- Identify clients with a missed appointment and share the information to adherence support or ART staff
- Update addresses of people living with HIV regularly
Ensure that all facility HIV data are properly analysed & shared
- Conduct periodic HIV data analyses and disseminate with respective staff to facilitate evidence-based decision making
- Conduct data analyses based on ad hoc request
Ensure that all facility HIV Care and ART Monthly reports are properly
compiled correctly and submitted timely
Compile all HIV-related reports in the facility regularly and as per the reporting requirements and timelines
Submit reports regularly and on ad hoc basis as required by government
Compile and share retention data on a monthly basis
Properly file and keep hard and soft copies of all facility reports in lockable file
Conduct data quality assurance techniques before sending reports Ensure that
client confidentiality and integrity practices and policies are maintained during
all stages of HIV related data management process
Ensure facility HIV care data are available in a way that encourages data use
(e.g., clear, simple, etc.)
Prepare and share simplified graphs for key indicators with appropriate facility
Prepare and present data during monthly facility meetings
Prepare and post clear data trends in ART clinic as well as data room clip boards
Activity participate and contribute to the HIV multidisciplinary team of the
Supervise nearby health facilities where there is no data clerk and compile
reports as necessary and required
Provide the facility on any data related to technical support as assigned by the
ART unit and facility supervisors
Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisors.
College Diploma in statistics, demography, Information Management Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study.
Experience in data collection, compilation, analysis and reporting is preferred
Strong writing skills
Knowledge of the South Sudan Health system and health facility setup is
Fluency in both written and spoken English and local languages preferably in
areas where the facility is located.
Able to take responsibility for action and manage constructive feedback
Able to work effectively with clients’ facility staff, and stakeholders.
Please apply on our website: http://joinforcier.com. On the Current Openings job table, locate the
Data Clerk - Kapoeta job posting, job ID RSS0012 and click Apply.
Submit a single PDF containing your cover letter, CV and three professional references and any
additionally requested documents.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.