Are you an ambitious sales professional who enjoys travelling and collaborating with individuals from different cultures? Do you love working with little oversight in a team focused organisation? Would you like the opportunity for rapid growth?
Orbit has defined a new Commercial Division which is accountable for driving the growth of the organisation. As a result, it is looking for an Export Manager to drive new business opportunities within the Sub-Saharan Africa market. A successful candidate will be accountable for the sale of the manufacture of finished products as well as individual components.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious sales professional who enjoys travelling and collaborating with individuals from different cultures. One who loves to work with little oversight in a team focused organisation. The department offers the opportunity for rapid growth. The successful candidate will undergo three months training on the Orbit Chemical Industries’ business.
Expand existing portfolio - lead generation
- Identify, critically evaluate and rank leads; to focus on those with the potential to turn into sales
- Develop and present proposals to potential clients with the aim of closing a deal
- Propose new finished products or product adjustments based on failed leads and feedback from the market
Optimise existing portfolio - consultative selling
- Understand the businesses with your portfolio to pre-empt client needs in line with Orbit Chemical’s ability to manufacture finished products and individual components
- Understand the businesses within your portfolio to identify additional partnership opportunities with respect to the manufacture of finished products and individual components
Collaborate - account fulfillment support
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders of the businesses within your portfolio; this is to give input into the quarterly strategic direction sessions
- Effectively hand over the management of the client relationships and fulfillment of the forecast orders to the Relationship Managers
- Build relationships and coordinate with individuals within the organisation to obtain their support in various stages of the sales process
- Leverage relationships built to mitigate and resolve, risks and issues; including debt collection
Does this sound like you?
- Have 4 years’ experience in B2B sales; FMCG preferred
- Have account and business relationship management experience
- Have experience in non Kenyan markets; Sub-Saharan Africa experience a plus
- Aligned to Orbit’s company mission
- Have an appreciation for a start-up environment, ‘roll-up sleeves’ attitude and entrepreneurial
- A critical thinker, adaptable, proactive, persistent, curious, detail oriented, challenges boundaries and delivery focused
- Have strong interpersonal, negotiation, project management and communication skills