Full membership of a recognized professional body, either ICA, CIMA or ACCA; At least 5 years accounting experience of which 3 years in similar role
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in presenting reports to senior executives
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Any duties assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full membership of a recognized professional body, either ICA, CIMA or ACCA with at least 5 years accounting experience of which 3 years in similar position
- Experience in telecommunication Industry is preferable
- Ability to work in a fully integrated accounting system and experience in systems implementation is necessary.