Sunset Paradise Holiday Homes has a great opportunity to help a career minded individual build a hotel/hospitality career.
As our company continues to grow,
we are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our rooms’ division team.
The successful candidate will ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and
tidiness are maintained throughout the facility and to supervise the
housekeeping and laundry department efficiently to maintain standards and
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all apartments /corridors /function rooms /public areas are maintained
- Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned apartments, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily. Subject to levels of business the housekeeper will be expected to also service rooms.
- Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms.
- Replenishing brochures and menu cards throughout the apartments
- Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies.
- Ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property.
- Resolving any guest problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed.
- Actioning any maintenance requests in order to comply with the facilty’s established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Set and maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the facility
- Managing a stock control and ordering system to ensure availability of stock and cost control to maintain costs to a minimum.
- Attending any appropriate off and on the job training courses.
- Implementing the facility’s good customer relations policy, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times
- Ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
- Daily reporting on the state of apartments
- Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management
- A diploma in hotel management/Accommodation management.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Physically fit – the role requires medium to heavy lifting and some step ladder/ladder work
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Minimum of 2 years in a housekeeping role with at least 1 year in a supervisory role/ Experience of running a laundry