The Nyeri National Polytechnic is looking for a qualified person to fill the position of an ICT Officer
ICT Officer Job Responsibilities
• Provide policy directions on ICT systems and advice on all ICT Related issues.
• Carry out system analysis, design and program specification in liaison with the users.
• Develop, implement and maintain systems.
• Compile overall systems documentations.
• Supervise installation certification, carryout repair and maintenance of all ICT equipment associated peripherals.
• Recommend and supervise hardware /software specification for ICT equipment.
• Prepare ICT status reports.
• Provide user support including staff training availability, security, confidentiality and integrity of information and ICT infrastructure.
• Management of website, Internet, the LAN, WAN with other areas concerned.
• Schedule prevention maintenance of all ICT equipment s in the organization
• Keep update with emerging information technology trends.
• Maintain budgetary control of the department
• Perform any other duty assigned by the NNP administration
Requirements for ICT Officer
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Communication Technology/Computer Science
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a training insitution
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills and be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Experience in Wi-Fi setup, maintenance and training.
• Programming experience in either Java, C++, PHP, PL/SQL, CMS
• Proficiency in windows server and Linux (ubuntu) OS will be highly desirable
• Networking Skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications along with their C.V. and copies of relevant certifications/credentials, two referees, current and expected salary to the Principal/Council Secretary, The Nyeri National Polytechnic, P.O Box 465-10100 Nyeri or via the Apply Now Button on or before 5th May, 2017
The Nyeri National Polytechnic is an equal opportunity employer and women, people living with disabilities, and youth are encouraged to apply.