The Company invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the position of Information Systems Auditor.
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, own, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission grid and regional power interconnectors.
The Auditor-Information Systems is accountable to the Senior Manager Internal Audit and Risk Management and will responsible in Providing independent and objective audit, risk assurance and compliance services for efficient business operations by conducting audits of IS systems and technical environments; analysing data for the adequacy and effectiveness of system integrity, accuracy, security and control
Information Systems Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Conduct general ICT reviews, audits of computer systems and technical environments; analyzes data for the adequacy and effectiveness of system integrity, accuracy, security and control;
- Perform audits of information systems controls including data integrity, backup and disaster recovery, data centre procedures, data communication and access controls, database administration and end user control;
- Conduct applications systems audit i.e. SAP and other business systems to determine the completeness and accuracy of transactions that have already been processed and the internal controls therein.
- Conduct audits of the KETRACO’s information systems policies, procedures and processes and review compliance with the ICT strategy.
- Conduct ICT Projects audit to determine value for money for the implemented projects.
- Conduct continuous, monthly, quarterly and half yearly information systems audits as per the Annual Audit Plan.
- Prepare and develop detailed audit plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit program.
- Prepare detailed audit working papers for review by the Snr.
- Manager, Internal Audit and Risk Management
- Ensure that Audit quality and standards are observed.
- Carry out follow-up ICT audits to determine whether appropriate action has been taken on areas audited.
- Conduct data extractions, analysis, and security reviews utilizing various computer assisted audit tools (CAAT).
- Advise on emerging issues through research and interviews and guide on how best to deal with them.
Qualifications for the Information Systems Auditor Job
- University degree in Computer Science, ICT, IT, IS, BBIT, or related field;
- Holder of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CIS or CISM designation;
- Other professional qualification either in CPA, CIA, ACCA or its equivalent. IT certifications (such as CCNA, CCNP etc.) will be an added advantage;
- Should have a minimum of 3 years IT audit experience with a reputable organization or external audit firm;
- Experience in auditing major ERP systems (e.g. SAP and Oracl would be an added advantage;
- Experience in delivering data analytics services using CAATs tools.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment for position will be permanent and pensionable.
The successful candidate for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
Kenya Revenue Authority;
Higher Education Loans Board;
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 28th March, 2017 at 4.30pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
The Managing Director, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI COMPLEX, 4thFloor,Popo Lane, South C, off Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 –00100, NAIROBI.
KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.