Our client is a leading IT company looking to hire junior IT sales professionals.
- understanding customers' diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs;
- ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers' systems and processes and then documenting them;
- cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings;
- identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls;
- preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently;
- maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals;
- developing effective sales plans using sales methodology;
- providing technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale;
- advising on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts, such as accounting, manufacturing or other specialist areas;
- meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets
- networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades;
- handling hardware or software problems and faults and referring on to specialist technical colleagues
- responding to tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature;
- managing workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals;
- contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.