Responsible for leading a team of two personnel, to plan and implement Cable TV, IPTV, Data & Voice Drop Installations
RESPONSIBLE TO: Network Engineer
DUTY STATION: Seychelles
Responsible for leading a team of two personnel, to plan and implement Cable TV, IPTV, Data & Voice Drop Installations, Troubleshooting, Maintenance & Construction Work for both overhead & underground HFC & GPON Network.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Should have the versatility to function as a team for Cable TV, Data & Voice Installations and Troubleshooting & Maintenance.
- Will provide the Network Engineer with Installations, Troubleshooting Maintenance and other required reports after the completion of each task.
- Will be responsible for all Materials, tools and testing equipment (Field network RF Analyzer, Fluke multi-tester, Signal Generator, Optical Power meter, Splicing Machine, OTDR etc.) issued by the company.
- Must have full knowledge and ability to carry, climb and operate a 28 inches extension ladder.
- Attend meetings & seminars as required.
- Will maintain a polite helpful and courteous attitude to all customers and staff.
- Maintain professional appearance and good behaviour at all times.
- Provides leadership within the team and promotes an attitude and support to others and generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Develop & maintain successful working relationship with co-leadsmen and staff.
- Must maintain the good quality of drop Installations, Feeder Line Cabling, Splicing, installations of Active/Passives and activations for both HFC & GPON network.
- Must have a detailed up-to-date knowledge of all services offered by Intelvision including prices and terms and conditions.
- Answering technical customer’s inquiry with regards to existing HFC & GPON Network.
- Assist customers with the setting-up Cable TV and IPTV Decoders on their TV sets, Internet setting from Modem/ONT to their Computers, Faxes & Telephones.
- Educate customer on proper use of equipment such as; Decoder, Remotes, Modem, ONT and Telephones.
- Follow safety practice & procedures
- Inventory control of all Installation materials as advised by the Network Engineer.
- All other duties as advised by the Network Engineer.
Drop Wire and Equipment Installations:
- Responsible for all Installation materials and documents.
- Perform new Installations, reconnections, relocations, extensions and upgrades.
- Must have full knowledge of splicing FO drop cable, RG-6, RG-11, UTP and Telephone cables including proper connectorizations.
- Provide and complete all Installations as per company standard.
- Should have knowledge of doing Surveys for potential and existing customer’s installations and other related drawing records.
- Maintain the proper installation reports daily.
- Must have knowledge using Digital RF signal analyzer, Signal Generator, Optical power meter & Clamp meter to troubleshoot faults on the HFC & GPON network.
- Should have knowledge and understand the existing HFC & GPON network.
- Must be familiar with amplifiers, Nodes, UPS/PS and Fiber Optic Splitters locations on the network
- Knowledge to diagnose the network problem
- Attend emergency-call-outs in case of installation faults and massive complaints before and after working hours.
- Perform preventive maintenance of the existing HFC & GPON network.
- Should be familiar with splicing fiber optic cables using Splicing machine and OTDR.
- Attend emergency-call-outs incase of network breakdown anytime.
- Perform Fiber Optic, Trunk & Feeder Line (0.500 and 0.750 coaxial Cable) overhead and underground cabling.
- Splicing, Installations and activation of all passive and active devices on the network.
- Install, activate and disconnect UPS (uninterrupted Power Supply) and Non-Standby power supply on the network.
- Perform diversion and lowering of lines incase of cutting trees and construction of houses as per other utilities and customers request.
and Supervision of Assistant Leadsman:
- Supervision and control of Installation / Troubleshooting / Maintenance personnel in operations and personal matters including discipline, time-keeping, safety, training etc.
- Training of Installations / Troubleshooting and Maintenance in matters of safe and efficient operation of all services and associated system.
- Keep in safe custody all tools / materials / cable etc issued by the company.
- Return all faulty / broken items while doing maintenance of the network to stores for future inspection.
- Will be responsible for any missing items; good or faulty / broken.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- School Certificate in Science and General Studies
- Diploma/Certificate in Electronics and Telecommunications
- Five years experience in planning, Cable Construction, Installations, Service and Maintenance.
- Minimum three years’ experience in maintenance and operation of Cable TV Out-Plant System including all Trunk / Feeder Line / Actives and Passives equipments.
- Knowledge to operate and use Digital /Analogue- RF Signal level meter (C-30 to measure digital QAM signals / Fluke Multi-Tester to measure require AC/DC).
- First hand experience in sweeping and balancing RF signal.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Fiber Optic and Coaxial Cable (Trunk & Feeder Line) Splicing including Drop Line (RG-6 / RG-11), UTP & Telephone Cables (RJ-45 / RJ11).
- Fluency in English - Both written and Spoken
- Driving License – Medium sized
- Computer Skills – Basic Level MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Membership of a Technical Institution