Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Reporting to: Logistic Coordinator
Starting date: ASAP
Duration of contract: 6 months
The Intern will support the Logistic Coordinator in improving the efficiency of the logistic department trough the close support to the INTERSOS operations in South Sudan, the analysis of the process, identification of shortfall, drafting a plan for improving efficiency and support in day to day management of logistics activities.
The Logistics Intern reports to the Logistics Coordinator on the daily tasks as described in this ToR. The Logistics Intern also works in close collaboration with the national logistics Assistants, PMs (in charge of projects for INTERSOS in South Sudan).
· Provide support to the Logistics coordinator for the implementation and the improvement of all logistics aspects in the South Sudan mission include the management of the supply chain software
· Support the logistics team in Juba in the daily activities (procurement, warehousing, transport, cargo flights, ticket booking, fleet management, compound management, fuel management etc….)
· Support the INTERSOS field bases in all logistic aspects under the Logistic Coordinator’s guidance
· Assist the Logistic Coordinator on the implementation of the security measures in the mission as requested by the Head of Mission.
· Analyse recurrent costs of INTERSOS offices to suggest way of optimizing them (use of fuel, generators, flights ticket, cargo)
· Support the Logistics Coordinator and the administration department in conducting market analysis and suppliers verification ( to update the prequalified supplier’s list)
- University degree in engineering or technical diploma
- Felixibility, committment, motivation
- Ability to work and be productive under pressure and in volatile contexts
- Capacity to work under Supervision and guidelines
- General understanding of Logistics aspects and procedures of a mission, including market analysis and supply
- Familiarity with procurement, warehousing, generators, transport, cargo flights, fleet management, compound management, fuel management
- Interest in administration procedures
- Excellent computer skills
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae and motivation letter to: Recruitment@intersos.org
with subject line: "Logistics Intern – South Sudan ”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview