Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
AF25925 - Managing Director KVM | Kenya
Location: Nairobi | Kenya
Closing Date: 10-May-2017
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Al-Futtaim employs in excess of 44,000 people, operates through more than 200 companies and represents more than 225 international brands across industries as diverse as retail and wholesale trading, distribution, real estate development, leisure and hospitality, insurance and financial services. The group has significantly expanded its business operations in recent years through a strategic acquisition plan and has entered a number of new territories, increasing its footprint beyond the GCC and Greater Middle East to encompass Africa, South East and North Asia, Australasia, East Africa and Europe.
Entrepreneurship and rigorous customer focus has enabled Al-Futtaim to grow its business by responding to the changing needs of the customers and societies in which it operates. Al-Futtaim is committed to offering customers an unrivalled choice of the world’s best brands with exceptional standards of customer service and after sales support.
Structured into four operational divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate and retail, Al-Futtaim maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance. This benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.
Al-Futtaim is regarded as a pioneer in the region’s automotive industry. The company imported the first consignment of Toyota vehicles to the UAE and established Al-Futtaim Motors in 1955.
Al-Futtaim represents 44 automotive brands across 16 countries and encompasses every aspect of the business:
- Passenger and commercial vehicles sales
- Manufacturing agricultural vehicles
- Construction equipment sales and service
- Used car sales
- Rental and leasing
As the Managing Director of KVM, you be responsible for the performance of the company, which is generally dictated by the board's overall strategy. You'll report to the GCEO CMC Holdings Ltd. KVM deals in Bus Body building and vehicle assembly. We assemble a wide range of vehicles including; Nissan trucks, Hino Trucks and Buses, HB Trucks, Hyundai Trucks, Ashok Leyland trucks, MAN Trucks and Buses, Trailers and Semi-Trailers.
Your key responsibilities will be but not be limited to:
- Direct / lead the overall assembly process to meet all targets established, corresponding to the overall company objectives.
- Ensure the Assembly production processes adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Focus on process, quality, costs and safety
- Ensure all Tooling and Fixtures are available and maintained to ensure repeatability of process.
- Manage all personnel resources necessary to manufacture the vehicle, including coaching, performance reviews, target setting and disciplinary actions, if necessary
- Build / Lead a dedicated team to develop, implement, sustain and improve a cohesive manufacturing strategy to enhance the entire assembly process
- Increase profitability through Lean Manufacturing tools such as Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping and Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Ensure that all equipment and resources are available and functioning at a level to ensure the daily production goals are being met on a consistent basis.
- Drive all internal and external influences on their process within the assembly to ensure a quality product is delivered to the end use
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A university Degree from a recognized institution preferred (mechanical, automotive or thermal engineering, or related fields).
· 10 years’ experience in an Automotive Assembly operation
- Demonstrated ability to drive key metrics in an automotive assembly manufacturing environment.
· Proven success in managing hourly and salaried employees
· A focus on safety
- A solid aptitude for decisive decision making and problem solving. Strategy, Organizational & analytical skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/C
Al-Futtaim offers highly engaging and supportive work environments in a culture that values, recognises and rewards quality performance.