Execute and iterate the marketing and sales strategy at Headquarters, and assist Little Steps centers in reaching and maintaining full enrollment.
Reports to: Managing Director/Founder
While not a comprehensive list, the job encompasses the below:
- Implements marketing and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for Little Steps services.
- Organizes and represents company at events within the centers and in other locations to promote the Little Steps service.
- Proposes new marketing collateral ideas as needed and liaises with suppliers to manage inventory of existing marketing supplies.
- Executes plan to increase client referrals and client happiness.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online (especially on Facebook), email newsletters, etc.
- Manages all social media accounts and posting schedule, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Manages all inbound leads to headquarters and appropriately passes them on the center level.
- Monitors and improves usage of the company CRM.
- Executes market research plan and organizes and reports findings to management.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Prepares marketing and sales activity reports, along with budget usage and requirements, and presents to management.
- Directs product research and development.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in sales, marketing, business or related field.
- 6+ years of related experience with management experience.
- Passion for working in education and helping children.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Results-oriented personality: you’ll do anything to achieve your goals!
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Zoho.
- Excellent communication skills, in English and Swahili.
- Experience using Photoshop and doing basic graphic design.
- Quick learner, able to adapt and learn new systems and techniques rapidly.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience video editing.
- Experience conducting customer research from A to Z.
- Experience designing and editing websites.
- Expertise in social media marketing and content marketing.
- Ability to use many of the applications in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in an education company.
Salary commensurate on experience. Work permits for expatriates can be subsidized. Salary is a combination of a base salary and commission.
About Little Steps Childcare
Little Steps is an early childhood development (ECD) business in Nairobi, Kenya. Since its founding two years ago, Little Steps has built a reputation as a pioneer and leader in the ECD sector in Africa by professionalizing the childcare industry and bringing global standards for daytime childcare to Kenya. By operating safe, reliable, convenient, and developmentally stimulating childcare centers for children from the ages of three months up to four years old, Little Steps has separated itself from the rest of the market with a superior product at an affordable price point for Kenya’s rapidly emerging professional middle class. After building a solid foundation in Nairobi, Little Steps intends to replicate its model across Kenya’s major cities, neighboring countries, and broader sub-Saharan Africa.