National Sales Manager to build and maintain a high performance sales organization to effectively achieve business objective
REPORTS TO: Managing Director/General Manager
JOB GRADE: 9
SUPERVISES: All sales staff
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel towards achievement of corporate sales objective.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observation and measurement of results to include performance appraisal.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecast
- Establish effective relationship and collaboration with other department to address key business issues.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Determine annual unit and gross profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objective by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicator and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling process by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand.
- Complete national sales operational requirement by scheduling and assigning employees following up on work results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshop reviewing professional publication, establishing personal network, participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team’s effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
CONTACTS AND COMMUNICATION
- Professional bodies
- MD GM
- Staff in all departments
- Q A Supervisor
Bachelor of Commerce-Marketing
MBA Marketing major
LENGTH AND NATURE OF EXPERIENCE
- Five years progressive working experience in advertising, sales and marketing
- Documentation of brochures, sales kits and product journals
- Market research
- Training of sales staff
- Customer care skills
- Above average data entry and transcription speed.
- Experience in FMCG Industry
- Experience in Product launches, branding, exhibitions, road shows
- Good report writing skills
- Good communications skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Good coordinating and planning skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work long hours
- Ability to analyze and interpret information
- Team player
- Ability to make decisions
- Maintain confidential information
- Creative ability
- Organisational skills
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR THIS JOB
- Expanding existing clients’ scope
- Effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Good and helpful relations with clients
- Sales targets are met
- Work done within budget
- Quantity- high
- Quality - high
- Accuracy- high
- Time- medium
- Cost- low
PERSONAL TRAITS, QUALITIES AND APTITUDES
- Great interpersonal skills
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Accept responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an activity
- Works with minimal supervision
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
- Maintain effective communication with your colleagues, both junior and senior
This job description is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. The jobholder may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
The jobholder is expected to perform this job in a manner consistent with the values, mission and philosophy of company.