Naturalist Guide and Motor Boat Coxswain
Duty Station - Nyandarua County
As a Naturalist Guide, you will be responsible for undertaking land and Lake based interpretative activities to showcase all that this amazing Lake Ol’bolossat and its environs has to offer our guests, ensuring that all activities are enjoyable, informative and relevant to individual guest-needs. Some examples of current activities include: Ecology tours, Star gazing & walks, hikes and talks on the local history, flora, fauna and bird life. A key component of this role will also be identifying new and exciting activities to offer our guests to enhance their visit and make it as memorable as possible.
- Coordinating and undertaking a wide range of resort activities including guided walks/hikes, present Lake nature presentations, star gazing sessions, boat tours, bird watching tours and ecological and geographical tours.
- Developing weekly activities schedules in conjunction with the Resort Manager and working with colleagues within the broader resort to ensure awareness and understanding of these activities to enhance guest service
- Liaising with guests providing information on the upcoming activities and taking bookings.
- Identifying, scoping and implementing new and exciting activities to offer guests
- Assisting with other general duties within in the resort as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and active individual with a natural curiosity along with high levels of interest and knowledge about the local marine / land flora and fauna.
- Demonstrated significant knowledge and understanding of the local marine and land environment and flora and fauna and aquatic of the Lake Ol’bolossat, Aberdares mountain, The great riftvalley and the surrounding tourist sceneries
- An enthusiastic and engaging communications style, both written and verbal including presentations
- A solid team player with the ability to engage with others
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to tailor activities to guest requirements and ensure guest expectations are exceeded
- Sound organisation and time management skills
- Good level of physical fitness and excellent presentation
- Certificate of coxswain of captain
- Divemaster certification – Desirable
- Knowledge of first Aid and safety marine precautions (Mandatory)